Friday, September 11, 2015

Off I Go!!

Hello All!!

I am leaving on Saturday just before 12:30 pm to go on my referral trip and to meet my little one for the first time ever.  I feel as though I know her well already, and I am excited to introduce myself to her as her mama.  I have never traveled internationally before, and the furthest I have traveled without a companion in the past was about 200 miles...I am extremely nervous.  I will travel first to Chicago, then Frankfurt, then Vienna, then I will land in country about 4:00 am.  I am so excited to be able to see her in person, hold her, and spend some of her birthday with her!!  I thought on many occasions that this time would never come.  I was only given a few days notice that I had to be there...found out last Tuesday that I needed to be there Monday.  I was totally freaked out at the time, and somewhat irritated that I wasn't given more time, but now I think that perhaps this way was better.  Not as much time to freak out.  Airfare cost a lot more than I expected for one person ($2200) but I believe Eldon at Golden Rule ultimately got me a good deal.  Once again, I want to say how grateful I am for all who have helped me along the way.  I am fully aware that I could not have done this alone.  I still owe quite a bit on this journey, and I was hoping to ask again the favor of donations for Violet's fourth birthday.  Several $4 donations would add up quickly!!  Most of all, prayers would be greatly appreciated.  I am waiting to hear from grants, and I have some fundraiser ideas for after my return.  I appreciate all the good thoughts and support.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment